Another pro-gun facebook page has been pulled from the site without any notice or warning, and from what it appears without breaking any kind of rules with facebook.
Erik Lowry said three days ago he awoke to calls and emails from fans asking where his Facebook page had gone. Lowry used the page to keep Pittsburgh Tactical Firearm’s more than 27,000 followers updated on store and stock information and Second Amendment news. After being pulled last Friday Lowry has submitted over 100 requests for an appeal and has received no response yet.
The only reasoning that Lowry has found is that a website, Vocativ, published a story about firearm giveaways and had contacted Facebook about these giveaways. Pittsburgh Tactical was in the middle of a giveaway for an AR15 when their site was pulled. Facebook’s policy states that guns are not allowed to be sold via facebook, but Lowry has argued that he was not selling a gun, but rather giving one away as a promotion.
Read more Here
- AR-15 Giveaway Shut Down For Violating Facebook’s Guidelines (webpronews.com)
- Gun Store Running AR-15 Giveaways on Facebook Sees Page Shut Down – And Facebook Hasn’t Contacted Him to Say Why (theblaze.com)
- Facebook Shuts Down Pennsylvania Gun Store’s AR-15 Giveaway (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- AR-15 Giveaway Shut Down on Facebook, Store Owner Pushes for “Justice” (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- McKeesport gun shop will go ahead with giveaway (triblive.com)